Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:34
We have a very active food pantry and new volunteers are always welcome. Come to the Fellowship Hall on any Thursday, 9:30 AM to Noon and see what it is all about. Other ways to help: You can leave the donations in the blue tub near the entryway in the narthex.
The Pantry Board wishes to thank the congregation for their continued support of food, personal services and financial contributions. Our congregation and its volunteers provide a vital service to our community. This service is successful only through your support. Again, thank you for your prayers and monetary support.
Every 4th Sunday of the month is World Hunger Sunday – a time to pray about world hunger and opportunity to give. World Hunger envelopes are provided in the sanctuary pews for your convenience should you want to make a donation to alleviate hunger in our world.
- 795 million people around the world – that’s 1 in 10 – can’t access the food they need to live active, healthy lives.
- 1 billion people live in extreme poverty on less than $1.25 per day. That’s 14.5% of the world’s population.
- At some point in 2014, more than 48 million people in the United States were unsure where their next meal might come from.
- 46.7 million Americans were living in poverty in 2014. For a family of four, this means their annual household income was below $23,850.
- In 2014, 5.4 million seniors (over age 60), or 9% of all seniors were food insecure.
This group of people from the congregation pray for the concerns of our families, our community, our country, and our world. If you are interested in joining the Prayer Network or have a request for prayer, e-mail email@example.com.
Garden volunteers are very much needed and very much appreciated. Whoever can donate an hour whenever possible, please meet up at Grace during the growing season as weather permits. A sample of needed tasks:
- Planting and maintenance of the Union Street perennial garden.
- Planting and maintenance of raised planter along Springfield Avenue.
- Planting of perennials along east entry to the sanctuary.
- Ongoing weed removal, application of shredded hardwood bark, and trimming of shrubs.
Alternatively, if you would like to volunteer to assist in gardening/maintenance tasks at other times of the week, that would be fantastic! Please contact the church office for more information.
Be a Part of Worship Support
Greeters, Welcomers, Ushers, Acolytes, Counters, Readers, Communion Deacons. (Sign up here to express interest).
Committees and Council
Our various committees and church council help us plan and oversee many aspects of our ministries here at Grace. Some of our committees include Christian Education, Parish Life, Finance, Property, Social Ministry, Stewardship, and Worship and Music. If you want any more information regarding these committees or are interesting in joining one, please contact Claire Vail or the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Service Projects
Throughout the year, we have many different service opportunities. Here are some examples of past projects.